Long Residence Application
Indefinite Leave to Remain after 10 years lawful stay, or 14 years lawful or unlawful stay in the UK.
You can gain indefinite leave to remain (ILR) if you meet the following requirements:
- You can make an application for ILR if you have ten years lawful residence in the UK, or 14 years unlawful residence.
- You should not have been outside the UK for longer than six months in any one time during the relevant period.
- You should not have been outside the UK for longer than 18 months in total during the relevant period.
- You should not have left the UK during the relevant period with a clear intention not to return to the UK.
- You should not have been convicted of an offence and imprisoned, or otherwise detained in another institution over the relevant period.
The following will be taken into consideration when your application is being assessed:
- Your age
- Your ties to the United Knigdom
- your personal history; including character, conduct, associations you belong to and employment record
- your domestic circumstances - this generally means any family ties you have in the UK
- any previous criminal record and the nature of any offence you may have committed in the UK.
- any compassionate circumstances
- Persons establishing themselves in business - 4 years
- Lawful stay or combination of lawful and unlawful stay - 14 years
- Lawful stay - 10 years
Please note that many of these requirements are only likely to be relevant if you are applying on the basis of ten years rather than fourteen years in the UK. If you are applying on the basis of fourteen years stay in the UK you will probably not be absent from the UK during that fourteen year period.
Call: 0845 2001958 today for instant advice
Our website contains some general information regarding UK Immigration Rules and Regulations. However, if you require specific advice related to your case then you should speak to one of our advisors. You can contact our Leeds office on 0113 2441911 or Manchester on 0161 638 8692.
If you complete our advice assement form then we will contact you to discuss what your options are and how we can help.
Remember !! We are an experienced firm of Immigraton Solicitors providing cost effective immigration solutions for all our clients. If you need good advice on any immigration related matter then we would be happy to arrange either a telephone consultation, email consultation or a one to one consultation at one of our offices.