Andrew Williams Solicitors Request a Call Back
Home » Marriage Visa

Marriage Visa

Marriage Visa and Leave to Remain as a Spouse

If you get married to someone living outside of the UK, who does not have the legal right to enter the UK and you want him/her to join you in residing in the UK, they will need to obtain a marriage visa.  If your partner is already in the UK with permission to stay in another category, then they may be able to switch into a spouse visa.

Most people have now heard about the new rules regarding maintenance and the effect those rules have had on ordinary people wanting to bring their spouse to the UK.  At present those applying for the visa  will be required to show that their UK spouse has earnings of over £18,600 in order to meet the financial requirements in the Immigration Rules. We know that many couples will find this requirement almost impossible to fulfil.

You should note that at present the Government are discussing whether it would be fair and reasonable to lower that threshold but no decision has been made yet. If you want your spouse to come to the UK to settle or you want your spouse to obtain leave to remain in the UK then we would advise you to seek specialist advice before making your application.


Our Advice

We are confident that we can provide the right kind of advice for you. We believe this because we have a wealth of experience in dealing with all types of immigration cases. This varies from your initial application right through to Judicial Review in the High Court.  Our Solicitors have been advising clients on immigration matters collectively for over 12 years.  So we can honestly say ‘we know our stuff’. 

If you are still not convinced we are the right firm for you, then book either a one to one meeting or a telephone consultation for which you will have to pay a small consultation fee of £50. 

Call: 0845 2001958 today for instant advice 

Our website contains some information regarding UK Immigration Rules and Regulations. However, we do not provide general immigration advice on our website as this information can be obtained from the Home Office Website which is If you require speficic advice related to your immigration problems then you are in the right place.


Complete our: advice assessment form 

If you complete our advice assement form then we will contact you to discuss what your options are and how we can help.

Remember !! We are an experienced firm of Immigraton Solicitors providing cost effective immigration solutions for all our clients. If you need good advice on any immigration related matter then we would be happy to arrange either a telephone consultation, email consultation or a one to one consultation at one of our offices.

Get in touch

Unity Business Centre

26 Roundhay Road


LS7 1AB Map

t. +(44) 0113 2441911