Andrew Williams Solicitors Request a Call Back
Home » Spouse Visa

Spouse Visa

Most people have now heard about the changes to the immigration rules that took effect on the 9 July 2012. The new rules have had a major impact on families wishing to settle in the UK. If you want to settle in the UK as a spouse, you and your spouse will need to meet the new financial requirements.


The calculation of finances is complicated and it would be advisable to seek legal advice when trying to determine what level of income is required for your application. The rules relating to English language will also need to be met.


If you are already in the UK with permission to be here then you maybe be in a position to apply for leave to remain in the UK by completing and submitting an FLR M application form.


If you are without permission to stay in the UK then you should consider submitting a FLR FP application. This type of application covers individuals who don't meet some or all the immigration rules relating to spouse or partner applications for whatever reason but nevertheless want to stay in the UK with their spouse or partner.  


Know More about Spouse Visa

It is very similar to other types of visas except this is issued on the basis of marriage. The Spouse visa allows a non-EU spouse to come into the UK on the basis of relationship. Moreover, it also allows one the right to live and work in the UK. This area of law can at times be very complicated and we would advise that anyone planning to enter the UK or remain in the UK as a spouse seek specialist help from a qualified person.


The new requirements for Spouse Visa

As mentioned above there are some new requirements which need to be met before the visa will be approved. According to immigration rules, both (you and your spouse) must be 18 years or above. Your UK spouse must have settled status in the UK. In addition, you must be legally married. You and your spouse must also intend to live together on a permanent basis without recourse to public funding.


Your supporting partner must be earning a certain amount £18,600 per annum, if you do not have any dependent children. You cal also satisfy the rules by having and maintaining adequate savings for a minimu to be able to sponsor you. In addition, you will need further finances if you are also sponsoring dependent children. Accommodation is also another vital requirement as you must have adequate accommodation for your spouse and dependent children (if any).


Andrew Williams Solicitors have an experienced team of immigration Solicitors and advisors. We prepare these types of applications on a regular basis and have done so for over 10 years with our principal advisors having more than 14 years experience in the fields of Immigration, Human Rights and Asylum.

We represent clients all over the country and have also acted on behalf of clients in most European Countries.


What we are known for?

Andrew Williams Solicitors is known for showing a tenacious approach to all our work. Our aim is, and always has been to achieve results for our clients. We receive hundreds of referrals each year from existing clients who we have helped to get their status in the UK. We like a challenge and often achieve positive results for clients who have previously been told by other Lawyers and Solicitors that there was no hope.


Please note that we are a private immigration practice which means we do not undertake any legal aid work. We think that working on a private basis works better for our clients as we are not restricted by time limits. In other words once we agree a fee with you our aim is to achieve the agreed results regardless of how long it takes.


If you want a realistic chance of obtaining leave to either enter or remain in the UK then you need an experienced Immigration Solicitor.


Call: 0845 2001958 today for instant advice 


Jamaican national client’s appeal was..


Ghanaian Client married European Citizen..


Australian national living in Germany..


Jamaican national with no leave to remain..


Malaysian national living within the UK..


Nigerian national granted leave to remain..


Malaysian national refused entry into..


Jamaican national and two young children..


Iraqi national facing deportation granted..


Our website contains some general information regarding UK Immigration Rules and Regulations. However, if you require specific advice related to your case then you should speak to one of our advisors. You can contact our Leeds office on 0113 2441911. 


Contact us


If you complete our advice assement form then we will contact you to discuss what your options are and how we can help.

Remember !! We are an experienced firm of Immigraton Solicitors providing cost effective immigration solutions for all our clients. If you need good advice on any immigration related matter then we would be happy to arrange either a telephone consultation, email consultation or a one to one consultation at one of our offices.

Get in touch

Unity Business Centre

26 Roundhay Road


LS7 1AB Map

t. +(44) 0113 2441911