If you are applying under the 10-year route to settlement (outside the immigration rules) as a partner of a British National or someone present and settled in the UK then you must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant and their partner must be in the UK;
- The applicant must have made a valid application for limited or indefinite leave to remain as a partner (subject to the exceptions set out in GEN.1.9. of Appendix FM and as outlined in Section 12.1 of this guidance)
- The applicant must not fall for refusal under Section S-LTR; Suitability leave to remain
- The applicant meets the relationship requirements
- The applicant meets the immigration status requirements
- The applicant meets paragraph EX.1.(a) or (b)
You will need to apply to extend your visa every 2.5 years.