Extended Family Member – Residency Card

AWS Header Logo
Exercising treaty

Extended Family Members

If you are an ‘Extended family member’ of an EEA national you can apply for a residence card using the EEA (EFM) application form. If you meet any of the following categories you can apply for EEA (EFM):

Distant family members of the EEA national (siblings, aunts,uncles, nephews, nieces or cousins) or a spouse / civil partner who can demonstrate that you are dependent upon.
Partners where there is no civil partnership but they can show that they are in a "durable relationship" with the EEA national.

Until an applicant is recognised as an extended family member and issued with a residence card (or EEA family permit or registration certificate) he has no rights deriving from EU law.